Did you know…
- Nature Study can be immersed in all home education styles and classrooms?
- Nature Study covers the sciences of all elementary and some secondary topics?
- Nature Study integrates most of the school subjects?
- Nature Study is family orientated and inspires children to explore the outdoors?
- Nature Study will encourage OBSERVATION EXPLORATION DRAWING PAINTING RESEARCHING WRITING READING CREATING ADVENTURE DISCOVERIES COMPARISONS DISCUSSIONS EXPLANATIONS and NOTATIONS
The Australian Nature Study Guide contains:
- a whole chapter on how to use the Guide and study nature.
- ten nature study lessons.
- a list of additional nature study activities.
- a resources list.
- 11 Kinda Notebooking Pages.
- 11 Intermediate Notebooking Pages.
- 11 Advanced Notebooking Pages.
- 1 Colouring Page.
The Australian Nature Study Guide is:
- A seasonal guide focusing on Winter and Spring topics.
- Self-contained and ready to use. Additional resources are suggested should you choose to dig deeper into a subject but they’re not necessary. Dip your feet in or dive in. The choice is yours!
- An integration of subjects to save your sanity and time.
- An activity based program for multiple ages – Kinda to 15 yrs.
- Flexible. The Guide can be altered to suite all home educating approaches and styles.
- Adaptable. The themes within the weekly studies can be altered to suit your climate and locality.
- 80 Pages, digital curriculum in PDF format.
The Nitty Gritty
Start out by reading information on the weeks nature theme in order to arm yourself with the knowledge you’ll need to answer the questions fired at you during the nature rambles or let the children read it for themselves.
Explore the outdoors on a ramble while focusing on the weeks topic by noticing, wondering and making natural connections.
Explore further with suggested resource books from the library and related internet links provided for your convenience. Immerse the children in the study with interesting facts and videos.
Enjoy a Read Aloud:
Choose a nature themed story from the list to read aloud to your children.
Set Up a Poetry Tea Time:
Set up a Poetry Tea Time and read the nature themed poem. Children are guaranteed to enjoy poetry when snacks are offered.
Include a Picture Study:
A piece of art that relates to the weeks theme is included to study the Charlotte Mason way.
Sing a Song:
On occasion a related song has been included for the children’s enjoyment.
Dig deeper with optional activities for kinda, intermediate and advanced students.
The activities cover a range of subjects like research, writing, natural science, field journaling, history, physical education, technology, home economics and the arts and crafts.
Scripture and Hymns:
Scripture and Hymns are included for those who wish to integrate them into their nature studies.
All guides and notebooks can be downloaded three times over a period of 360 days.
Our desire is to serve your family by guiding you through the seasons and sharing our research and adventures with you. We hope you’ll walk alongside us as we explore nature in this inimitable land.